The Uniform Patrol Division is the largest division in the Amarillo Police Department with well over half of all police officers assigned to the division. The patrol officers respond to calls for service from the public and conduct the preliminary investigation of all incidents. The Uniform Patrol Division includes the following squads:
- 1st watch – Uniformed patrol officers working from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- 2nd watch – Uniformed patrol officers working from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 3rd watch – Uniformed patrol officers working from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- PACE: Pro–Active Criminal Enforcement. These officers are assigned to address recurring problem areas and to actively look for persons who are repeat offenders and/or who have active warrants for their arrest. They are dedicated to working in partnership with other law enforcement agencies and divisions within the Police Department to solve or reduce problems that affect the quality of life in our community. Some of the PACE officers work daytime hours and others work nighttime hours.
- NPU (Neighborhood Patrol Unit) – Hours: 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
- Motorcycle Squad – Uniformed officers whose primary responsibility is traffic law enforcement.
- Parking Enforcement – a civilian employee who enforces parking restrictions, primarily in the downtown area.
- Handicapped Parking Patrol – civilian volunteers who enforce handicapped parking violations in Amarillo.
The shift patrols are each supervised by sergeants and a lieutenant.
A sergeant supervises the Motorcycle Squad and Parking Enforcement patrols.
Uniform Patrol Contact Information:
|To request an officer contact dispatch at:|
|Division Commander: Capt.:|
|1st Shift Patrol:|
|Lieutenant 378-6184; Sergeants 378-6124|
|2nd Shift Patrol:|
|Lieutenant 378-4028; Sergeants 378-6163|
|3rd Shift Patrol:|
|Lieutenant 378-6183; Sergeants 378-6125|
|4th Shift Patrol:|
|Lieutenant 378-4086; Sergeant 378-4056|
|PACE (ProActive Criminal Enforcement):|
|Sergeant 378-9304 (day) and 378-9442 (night)|
|Handicapped Parking Patrol:|